Gold Investment Index Page

Main Page
Krugerrand Information
Krugerrands For Sale
Sovereign Information Sovereigns For Sale
Year 2000 Sovereigns
Gold Bars
Bars Information
Bars For Sale
Half Sovereigns
Half Sovereign Information
Half Sovereigns For Sale
Year 2000 Half Sovereigns
About Us
Our Selling Terms
Order Form UK
Order Form USA

adam261179 in eBay Copyright Theft
adam261179 stole our 2003 proof gold Krugerrand photograph, to use on eBay.
We reported this to eBay on 23rd June 2009, but eBay appear to have ignored our VeRO report, and have failed to remove the images from their website.

High eBay Feedback is No Guarantee of Integrity or Honesty
When we wrote this page, this eBay member's feedback was 0; with 100% positive according to eBay.

Sample Listing

South African Krugerrand
Item number 170346979213
The Krugerrand is 32.6 mm in diameter and 2.74 mm thick.Gold South African Krugerrands The Krugerrand's actual weight is 1.0909 troy ounces (33.93 g). It is minted from gold alloy that is 91.67% pure (22 karats), so the coin contains one troy ounce (31.1035 g) of pure gold. The remaining 8.33% of the coin's weight (2.826 g) is copper, which gives the Krugerrand a more orange appearance than silver-alloyed gold coins. Gold alloy coins are harder and more durable, so they can resist scratches and dents.
The Krugerrand is so named because the obverse bears the face of Boer statesman Paul Kruger, four-term president of the old South African Republic. The reverse depicts a springbok, one of the national symbols of South Africa. The image was designed by Coert Steynberg, and was previously used on the reverse of the earlier South African five shilling coin. The name "South Africa" and the gold content are inscribed in both Afrikaans and English.

What's Wrong?
We invest a great deal of time, effort, and cost into creating some of the best photographic coin images on the internet. We strongly object when lazy and dishonest people decide to use them without a by your leave or thanks, doing so in competition with us.
Copyright theft is dishonest. We recommend you avoid doing business with dishonest dealers.
This particular eBay seller not only stole one of images of an 2003 proof gold Krugerrand, he used it in a listing for a non-proof Krugerrand. It's possible he is ignorant of such fine points, or just plain ignorant.

It is always possible, even likely, that sellers who steal photographs do not own a similar coin, and have the intention to defraud potential buyers.
The vendor is not only cheating us by stealing our copyright images, she is fraudulently or ignorantly misleading and deceiving all potential buyers. Gaining pecuniary advantage by deception is the definition of fraud.
He purports to some level of expertise, by also stealing or copying some quite detailed facts and information about Krugerrands, but omits to say that he is dishonest enough to steal other people's hard work. It is always good practice to quote your source when relying on the existing work of others.

Winning bid: £600.00

What's Worse?

eBay Guilty of Negligence or Complicity
We reported this example of copyright abuse on 26th Jun 2009, using our standard Statutory Declaration via the eBay VeRO programme, and eBay have, not for the first time, chosen to ignore our report. We look forward to taking legal action against eBay for their negligence and / or complicity.
Although the item listing itself appears to have been removed, copied of our original image remain on eBay's site in various places.

Copyright Notice
Please see our "Copyright" page for further information.

Buying Gold Coins & Bars on eBay

Selling Gold Coins & Bars on eBay

Copyright Thieves on eBay
We already have a page naming and shaming dealers using our images without permission. It's time we did the same for eBay, although if we include them all, this could be a very long page.

Alphabetical Listing of Other Copyright Theft Sites

Other Scams

Other Web Sites
All comments about copyright also cover content of all our other websites including, but not limited to:-

adam261179 eBay Listings Using 2 of our Images
adam261179 eBay Listings Using 2 of our Images

adam261179 eBay Listings Using 2 of our Images
adam261179 eBay Listings Using 2 of our Images

eBay Index


"Tax Free Gold" website is owned and operated by Chard (1964) Limited
32 - 36 Harrowside, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 1RJ, England. Telephone (44) - (0) 1253 - 343081; Fax 408058;
E-mail: Contact Us  The URL for our main page is:

EV SSL Certificate